yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Small butterfly not closing at shut down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small butterfly not closing at shut down?

I just realized my small butterfly isn't closing when I shut the truck off. is this a problem? I haven't noticed much difference in the truck, boost still comes up and all, there just seems to be nothing controlling the butterfly anymore. All I've done recently is installed a new temp sensor above the starter, it was snapped off for the longest time.

Just wondering why this would decide to stop working.

Well now I'm really confused. Found a vacuum hose I probably pulled off accidentally while installing the temperature sensor. Installed it, ran like it always has. Drove home from work, shut it down and it shuts down alright, maybe a touch rough? Didn't pay tons of attention. I go to start it again and it won't idle... just dies. At idle the butterfly is closing now. If I kick it into high idle it runs and the butterfly opens. Back to idle and it closes again. Would have liked to look into it more but it's late, raining and I have to be back at work in the morning. Pulled the vacuum hose that was loose off and idles again but the butterfly doesn't close at shutdown. This line is near the vsv, I may try to remove the system tomorrow, egr is already blocked with plates.

Comment

Do a search for " butterfly valve " using the search box, Nev did a excellent write up on its operation, may as well look at the vacuum lines too.
      This may be the root cause of some of your issues.
      Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

I had a good writeup already bookmarked on deleting the EGR and VSV completely from the vehicle. Will get around to doing it when I get away from work for long enough. I damaged one vsv when I changed my head and repaired it and it worked, maybe it finally failed me. Would be nice to get that out of my vehicle, just pulled the rest of the A/C out and may change my intake a bit to get tons more room in the bay to work on anything.

I really trailed off there, but I will remove the rest of the EGR system asap, may just have to run it with that one line off to get to work. I'll try to avoid that though.

Comment

Deleted my egr and vsv completely and was still having problems. Found the little blue sensor on the top of the intake to be right clogged. Cleaned it out and everything works nicely now.

Comment

Originally posted by young-gunn View Post
            Deleted my egr and vsv completely and was still having problems. Found the little blue sensor on the top of the intake to be right clogged. Cleaned it out and everything works nicely now.
            Progress
            Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Working...
            X