No announcement yet.

AT Tyres recommendation........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just put a full set of Yokohama GO12 geolanders At's on the 3rd gen and I'm very happy with them. Loads of grip wet and dry and only a bit more road noise and they look the dogs as well.
    Paid about £118 each fitted at a black circles garage. The lad fitting them was Canadian and had a surf out there once.

Comment

Grabber ATs

I've had the new Grabber AT (AT3's?) on for over a year and can't recommend them storngly enough if you need a genuine AT tyre. They're quiet on the road, handling is faultless and they still perform well in mud, snow etc. Not so good on wet grass, but that's where most AT's fail. I had the old AT2s on for 4 years and nearly didn't but the new one as they looked too road biased - not aggressive enough. However after putting them on I did an offroad training day with my local 4x4 response and even the instructors commented on how impressive the tyres were off-road.

Comment

Got 31x10.50x15 Saharas on a set of original surf alloys, if there any good to you? I've upgraded to 33' gt radials!
        Attached Files

Comment

After much deliberation and a couple of play days on road tyres (which i have to say i was very impressed with despite being road tyres but run at 25psi for the gloopy stuff) i am going the way of Insa Turbo Special Track on a set of steel modulars for play days leaving my Runway Enduro HT's in good condition for the road before i ruin them going off road.

I'm going to be doing at least one and sometimes two play days a month plus some greenlaning in between so i figured a set of dedicated off-road tyres was the way forward, and based upon many recommends and youtube vids it's got to be the Special Tracks.

If you're going to have some proper off-road tyres they may as well be good ones, and surprisingly they aren't that expensive.

Job done.
          Now it's time to play!

Comment

Originally posted by 12callum View Post
            Got 31x10.50x15 Saharas on a set of original surf alloys, if there any good to you? I've upgraded to 33' gt radials!
            I don't think those 15's will clear the calipers on a Gen 3 otherwise i might have a deal with you.
            Now it's time to play!

Comment

have posted this elsewhere today, but adding it here as well, as it applies to this thread more for others searching

I'm running Maxxis 771 A/T, quite similar to the Bridgestone Duellers A/T on before, but 2/3rd of the price and i reckon a lot tougher.

Road Manners are excellent, good in wet, excellent on gravel, their only weakness is in the really sticky slippy clay like mud, where they are everage. Very puncture proof compared to the Duellers, with a very stiff treadblock. I like to "make progress" and have a lot of faith in them.

And they also have white writing on one side

Google some other pics and reviews - I'm very impressed.
              RZN185 1" lift, 32s - KZN130 2" lift, 32s

Comment

Tyres

I have the Bridgestone Duellers D697s and I think they are great, I put em through hell and they still are intact

Comment

Working...
                X