panhard rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• panhard rod

anyone know where to get a pandard rod drop bracket in the uk?

I know they are for sale on 4crawler but at £70 its 1/10th of what I paid for the whole truck

Lol. Im in the need for one too so of any one can build one cough cough bushwAcker I'm sure has the skills.lol I'm sure I read in an earlier post.

Comment

Think you can sleeve the rod as an alternative,
      Think TonyN does it, someone will put me right if I'm talking b*****s again 😊

Comment

Originally posted by mickyod View Post
        Think you can sleeve the rod as an alternative,
        Think TonyN does it, someone will put me right if I'm talking b*****s again 😊
        Threaded bar, 3 suitable nuts, hacksaw, MIG, some nerve, a straight edge and 40min later you have an adjustable panhard rod.

Or you speak nice to Vince and he makes you a drop bracket.
        Brian

Comment

Shouldn't have let me no that it was so easy for a man of your skills yoshie once I've got my next lift done I think I will be bugging you to cut and shut mine
          .plus think I'm gonna need u to make a. Custom ramp for my dogs to get in and out. Was thinking of removing the seat on one side and a slider of some sort that folds out.I no it sounds a bit much but my dogs are like my kids.lol. If your interested in.the challenge.lol

Comment

Yay, I wasn't talking B******s for a change 😊

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
              Threaded bar, 3 suitable nuts, hacksaw, MIG, some nerve, a straight edge and 40min later you have an adjustable panhard rod.
              interested in this method, how would you go about it

Comment

Originally posted by Reece2.4 View Post
                interested in this method, how would you go about it
                Remove a section of the bar, weld suitable nut on each cut end, weld threaded bar into one side/nut, thread on a lock nut, screw both section together to desired length, lock with locking nut.

I have a spare bar here and will be making one for my pickup. I can post pics if you need. However it will be one of the last jobs so probably a month away.
                Brian

Comment

I understand now, will give it a go tomorrow

Comment

a picture paints a thousand words.
                    Attached Files
                    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                      a picture paints a thousand words.
                      That is an on truck adjustable rod. The flange nuts will be one right and one left hand. The wide center adjuster is part of or welded to the threaded bar. Wind in or out on the center adjuster and lock with the lock nuts.

Watch for heat soak when welding as you could damage the bush
                      Last edited by yoshie; 3 May 2014, 09:35.
                      Brian

Comment

Working...
                      X