Manual gearbox senders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manual gearbox senders

While trying to find out why the speedo has stopped working I've discovered 2 senders,each about 1" across, at the top left side of the gearbox have broken wires..are these speedo senders or for the 4wheel drive selector? I can't find anything in the Aussie manual.
    Toyota want HOW MUCH for a sender...

LN130 2.4 (93) manual
    Thanks in advance
    Bob

You should have at least a switch for the reversing lights, and a switch for the 4WD light.

Originally posted by Jaun Huw Nose
    While trying to find out why the speedo has stopped working I've discovered 2 senders,each about 1" across, at the top left side of the gearbox have broken wires..are these speedo senders or for the 4wheel drive selector? I can't find anything in the Aussie manual.
    Toyota want HOW MUCH for a sender...

LN130 2.4 (93) manual
    Thanks in advance
    Bob
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks, Tony

Comment

isnt the speedo cable screwed in by hand by the means of a plastic collar about 1" across on the upper right hand side of the transfer case?

******edit******

found a pic of an older gearbox but zooming in I have highlighted where I think you need to check and tighten the cable back in.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by JimL; 28 January 2006, 00:54.

Comment

Jim, I think some Surfs had electric pulse speedos fitted . It would have the sensor in the same place though .
          Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

It has a sender for the electric speedo off the left side of the transfer case.
            Reverse light and 4 w/d lights still work, so down to the Toyota dealership to look at the manual on monday.
            The reason the speedo stopped is cause the kph>mph converter has died
            The M8 unit is from www.ncs-systems.com .apparently some of the early units are voltage sensitive and a spike can cause failure, they've now been moded.
            The test is: cut the grey and the purple wire from the M8 and dash plug,connect together on the plug side and if its the unit the speedo should work in kp/h.

Comment

Working...
            X