Intercooler on a 2.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intercooler on a 2.4

Has anyone put an intercooler on a 2.4? I'm thinking of giving it a go, along with exhaust mod and boosting the turbo. Just rebuilt the motor and it pulls like a tank, waste gate opens at about 3,250rpm wouldn't mind trying to push it a bit further but unsure what these motors can take, it's got new big ends, main ends, rings, head, cam and seals etc..

It has been done by Scubasurf, have a look at this and all so do a search for yourself for more info.

http://www.yotasurf-online.co.uk/pub...ht=intercooler

Comment

Yup seen that, my turbo man thinks the chip is unnessesary as do the Ausies on there surf site.

Comment

i didn't think the chip was necessary, after all, all you're doing is cooling the air... might be an idea to reset the ECU to factory so it can "re-learn"

high boost will need some ECU work as the motor cuts out at a certain pressure.
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Think it cuts out somewhere around 12, but was going to try for 10ish. Might do away with airbox too, anyone know where to get a k&n filter to go straight on turbo, like the motorbike ones.

Comment

be careful with what filter you bung on there matey. You dont want lots of crap going striaght through to your turbo !

Comment

Working...
            X