Lexurf XI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yesss... A UK dealer!

Some very useful info on that site and I assume it didn't take 3 weeks to get through on the phone either.

Best of luck, hope the firmware upgrade sorts your logging issues but keep us posted on the cutout problem.

Haha, the whole point is to see how pale you can make your passengers!

Cheers

Comment

• Thats a bummer about the niggles you're having, but good that there's now a uk distributor.
      Any chance of other pics. Hows the exhaust doing? Interested in the exhaust setup - what size of tube and silencers etc? And the layout/configuration?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ultimagtr21 View Post
        Thats a bummer about the niggles you're having, but good that there's now a uk distributor.
        Any chance of other pics. Hows the exhaust doing? Interested in the exhaust setup - what size of tube and silencers etc? And the layout/configuration?
        The exhaust is fine - running directly from each header through a 2 1/4 inch steel pipe to a silencer and then to a dual exhaust end box. I think - been more concerned with the engine at the moment.

I'll get a pic done and get it over to you.
        ------------------------
        Truck? What truck .......

Comment

• OK lets talk Spitronics ECU's.

1) When I got it back originally the engine was running fine, if rich, and stalled occasionally in standing traffic which I put down to the richness.

2) Took it to a tuner - result, very fast on acceleration but once warm the bloody thing stalled like a b**tard.

3) Started working on the Spitronics maps to see if I could see what was wrong (I am using the Venus Advance) - however I was using version 2.5 firmware which didn't really work with Windows 7 - I could get the map created but not play it back. which was a bit irritating.

4) Got hold of the main guy at Spitronics, very helpful, told me what to do to upgrade it and sent me the file to do so. This also requires a special cable, but Spitronics now have a UK distributor so I didn't have to go through the usual nightmare to get something sent over from SA which was a bonus!

5) I didn't read the instructions in quite the right way and ended up requiring more help as the ECU was not talking to me! Finally got sorted today, and fired up immediately which was a stab of joy I can tell you.

6) One of the main benefits of the new software/firmware combo is better error codes. I am now getting specific errors with my crank sensor telling me I have missing teeth!

Upshot of this is that I now know a LOT more about the software and how to configure it than I did, I have good contacts at Spitronics SA (who have been amazingly helpful) and in the UK. My truck is running again and the next step is to chase down these errors.

I'll be honest I will probably replace the crank sensor and the lambda sensor first as I cannot see anything wrong with the config, and they are both giving me errors.

I have an appointment with the bodyshop in 3 weeks so I need it sorted before then.....
          ------------------------

Comment

• From memory the crank sensor has a "flat bit", i.e. no teeth.

At least it did on my VVTi. makes the RPM reading on the Suprastick a bit skittish, but the mapping on that runs by throttle and speed so I'm not that fussed.
            More Lift.
            More Tyres.
            More Engine.

Comment

• Has anyone turbo'd one?

Is there room do you think?

Comment

• Supercharged, in an Omega.

1005 bhp:

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evoc...all_omega.html
                Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

• There isn't room,

Unless you move lots of stuff, or run the turbos remotely.

Quite a few have turbo'd in soarers/supras etc where there is room infront of the engine.

Personally in a Surf, I'd supercharge.
                  More Lift.
                  More Tyres.
                  More Engine.

Comment

• seriously? You can get a twin turbo V8 into a 200sx and a skyline but not a 4x4?? Thats hard to believe at first glance.

That said is it differentials and stuff in the way? Are there some serious arch issues? or has no one taken one to a place like Zurawaski motorsport with a fat enough wallet yet?

So what about a charger then? A nice big blower on top?

Comment

• No one said you can't. He said move stuff. If your wallet or much better! your skill and perseverance are big enough you can.
                      Brian

Comment

• OK. Spitronics all updated and Surf is running nicely. Turned out after looking at the error codes that the stalling was being caused by 'missing teeth' from the crank sensor, so the ECU didn't know where the engine was, gave the wrong info and so it stalled.

After much searching it turned out to be the cable connecting the sensor to the ECU. The one that was used was not shielded and on the way to the ECU was going past the HT leads. They are kicking out a high electrical pulse which interferes with the signal going through the crank cable - result, intermittent info. Didn't help that the crank cable was also resting on the exhaust manifold and was exposing wires to the world!

So, purchased some decent quality shielded cable, routed it well away from any HT leads and we have a nicely idling engine!

video here

I have no idea why it is upside down, I took it the same way as the others and they are the right way up….. !
                        ------------------------

Comment

• Very nice indeed, glad you've got the spitronics up and running properly and thanks for sharing the fixes.

Comment

• A great thread & a great conversion - i would love to get it done one day...

Comment

Working...
                            X