• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ect

got ssr-x 3lt wot is ECT and wot does it do

Originally posted by snoopy
    got ssr-x 3lt wot is ECT and wot does it do
    ECT is Electronically controlled transmission. Basically with it on it holds the gearbox in gear for longer and allows the engine to rev more with the associated drop in fuel economy but better power. Actually shows up as ECT Power in the dash when pressed in.

Cheers

Comment

the best way o see it work is to sit at about 40 with the ect on and then switch it out and you will find that the box will change up without any alterations to the throttle.
      so much to do , so little money , so little time

Comment

Originally posted by surffreak
        the best way o see it work is to sit at about 40 with the ect on and then switch it out and you will find that the box will change up without any alterations to the throttle.
        With overdrive on or off ??

I tried this as a check to see if it was working, but it did not make any difference. Are there any other simple testes to find out if it is working properly ?

Ali

[SIZE=7][COLOR=YellowGreen][SIZE=5][FONT=Comic Sans MS]The difference between the men and the boys .................... the price of their toys ![/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

On mine with ect on , lights up far right of instrument, and it red lines through the gears, it just holds every gear longer, sports mode
          Rick

Comment

well wouldn't worry if there's no difference... mine redlines in every gear on or off... just an annoying green light if it's on!

i recon it was a subconcious test to see if they stuck a new button on people would be tricked into imagining power!... a bit like the "TurboZet" electric turbo!
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by UKWolf
              With overdrive on or off ??
              With ECT on, O/D doesn't work. Even if you activate the O/D switch.

Comment

Originally posted by RoySharif
                yes it does!
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

to test ect, turn it on, and gearbox will not change into top gear unless you exceed 50mph (80kph)
                  [COLOR=red]Simon [/COLOR] '91 2.4td ssr-x

Comment

Originally posted by RoySharif
                    O/d does work in either mode, just at different speeds of engagement!!

With ect off o/d comes in at 55mph on my surf
                    and with ect on it comes in about 10mph higher!

This assumes NO use of kickdown.
                    www.europa88.co.uk Loadsa mods!

Comment

i dont think that o/d should be off only in extreme cases thats why the light is on to tell you it is off , if it was supposed to be off most of the time then it would light up to tell you it was on.

you may need to try it at about 45-50 depending on how your thing is geared (ie size of tyers)

Comment

I'm still not certian if its workin or not after trying the above methods.

Whilst trying the "red line method" (TM) I got a rattly / squirty noise with a glich in the power and a large puff of black smoke out the exhaust - runs OK still, anyone know what happened

[SIZE=7][COLOR=YellowGreen][SIZE=5][FONT=Comic Sans MS]The difference between the men and the boys .................... the price of their toys ![/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

probably just cleared sume gunk out of the injectors,
                          I think the best way to test is to put the power button on and find out by gently increasing speed where it changes up to top gear , about 40 to 50 somewhere, then sit at a speed just below where it would change up and switch back to normal mode and it should change in to top.

Comment

Originally posted by surffreak
                            probably just cleared sume gunk out of the injectors,
                            Thats what I thought / hoped.
                            I think the best way to test is to put the power button on and find out by gently increasing speed where it changes up to top gear , about 40 to 50 somewhere, then sit at a speed just below where it would change up and switch back to normal mode and it should change in to top.
                            That sounds like the best idea to me - I'll give it a go soon, when I can find a quite but fast enough road.

Comment

If you cant notice the difference then somethings very wrong ! I didnt know what it did until i read this well apart from make the car motor. I was just unsure wether it used more fuel with it on. The turbo wont kick in till late after 2k RPM i think. with it off the turbo kicks in at about 1.5K RPM. The difference is really noticable when driving.

Thats my 2 pennies

Comment

Working...
                              X