No demister

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No demister

I have lost the demister/screen function on my Surf,the light on the switch comes on,but no air is coming from vents on the top of the dash board!!.
    I have all other modes face/feet etc,any ideas prefably ones that don't include dash removal.cheers

Hi Andy, If you look down by and to the left of the brake pedal, you will see a number of white plastic levers on the side of the heater control box. These levers genearlly stick and won't slide to direct air onto the windscreen.
    You need to turn on the blowers, then press the button for air directed to the floor, then look down at the plastic levers and at the same time press the button for windscreen demist. You will see the levers move but only so far, you'll probably have to help it the rest of the way and you will hear the air being blown onto the windscreen. put a dab of vaseline or grease on the levers to make sure they won't stick in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      Hi Andy, If you look down by and to the left of the brake pedal, you will see a number of white plastic levers on the side of the heater control box. These levers genearlly stick and won't slide to direct air onto the windscreen.
      You need to turn on the blowers, then press the button for air directed to the floor, then look down at the plastic levers and at the same time press the button for windscreen demist. You will see the levers move but only so far, you'll probably have to help it the rest of the way and you will hear the air being blown onto the windscreen. put a dab of vaseline or grease on the levers to make sure they won't stick in the future.
      Cheers for that,it was what you said,I have just been out to sort it out I'll be alble to see now.Thanks Andy

Comment

Working...
      X