yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heater fan wouldn't blow a gnat off the window!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heater fan wouldn't blow a gnat off the window!!

Hi everyone, have searched the threads for the heater problems but haven't had any luck sorting mine out. The blower works on all speeds and i have checked the white sliders on the box, all move when the buttons are pressed and all ok, i am getting heat but the power of the fan is cack, takes an age to demist the window cos the air blowing from the vents wouldn't blow a gnat off the dash! Its the same on all setting and all vents when selected. The motor is going through all the speeds and sounds like it should be blowing a gale through the vents but all i get is a fart. Is there something else i can check? Have hand my hands under the dash and can't feel any air blowing where i shouldn't.
    Last edited by surfer dude; 6 March 2006, 09:25.

just drove 5 miles with the blower on full and my window is still misted up at the top of the screen?? Anyone any ideas please.

Comment

Originally posted by surfer dude
      just drove 5 miles with the blower on full and my window is still misted up at the top of the screen?? Anyone any ideas please.
      Hi m8, Not that i know my arse from me elbow but it sounds like a blockage or an internal flap is jammed, Is it the same when the recycled air/fresh air
      lever is in either position, If the fans going full belt then theres something stopping it getting to the outlet vents, Or possibly one of the switch controlled
      flap solonoids (if you got a push button heater control like mine), Think your gonna have to take out the passenger side lower dash and check those and also make sure theres nothing blocking the heater outlet or the air intake,
      Hope you get it sorted ok Ian
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

heater problem

hello all, I cant see!!!! well, not without my window down anyway.

My heater blowers are working at full-on-hurricane force, and they work really well, except for the windscreen ones. It seems the louvres are not opening when I press the windcreen button, as I get no air from them at all.

Has anyone mended this kind of fault here? if so, advice please! (with pictures and if you are feeling really nice, how about popping over to my place and actually mending it for me? no? )

'92 2.4 with push-button heater controls.

cheers Surfers.
        If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

Have a look at the operating mechanism behind the dash by your left foot rest, there are a number of small white plastic levers to direct air flow depending what button is pressed on the heater controls.
          I was having the same prob with demisting as you so i checked to see why there was poor air flow to the screen, and saw that the actuating lever to direct air to the screen was sticking.
          this is what i did;
          switch on ignition/start engine,
          turn blowers on,
          press button for central air vents,(furthest button on left)
          look down at operating levers down by foot rest,
          press button for screen demist,at the same time as watching levers,
          you should see which lever moves.
          mine only moved half way and stuck so i "helped" it the rest of the way and now i get a good blast of air to the screen
          It also helps to have the front windows open slightly if you have wind deflectors fitted

Comment

cheers!

Thanks 'wacker, I will try that tonight.
            If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
              Have a look at the operating mechanism behind the dash by your left foot rest, there are a number of small white plastic levers to direct air flow depending what button is pressed on the heater controls.
              I was having the same prob with demisting as you so i checked to see why there was poor air flow to the screen, and saw that the actuating lever to direct air to the screen was sticking.
              this is what i did;
              switch on ignition/start engine,
              turn blowers on,
              press button for central air vents,(furthest button on left)
              look down at operating levers down by foot rest,
              press button for screen demist,at the same time as watching levers,
              you should see which lever moves.
              mine only moved half way and stuck so i "helped" it the rest of the way and now i get a good blast of air to the screen
              It also helps to have the front windows open slightly if you have wind deflectors fitted
              It also helps demist the windscreen if you turn the air-con on too. With air-con on, mine can clear the screen in about 10-15 seconds instead of the minute or so without. The reason for this is that air-con dries the air, which means it much more effective at absorbing the mositure it blows across. As it's also a good idea to run the air-con for a few minutes each week to keep everything lubricated properly it's win-win.
              Paul </Slugsie>
              Immortal.so far!

Comment

Posts from Paul and Vince have some good advice. Vent flaps also have foam seals which break down (turn to dust) over time so this affects the function of individual vents.

Nev

Comment

Working...
                X