Fitting roof rails (the photo guide)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitting roof rails (the photo guide)

Remove all rear trim, grab handles, front windsreen trim, interior lights, and the beading arounf the sunroof.Remove the four clips that hold up roof lining, it's best if you have an assistant to stop the lining folding.

Remove sunroof, once again it's best if you have a helper as the sunroof does get heavy after a while.

Measure, measure, measure and then measure again. Drill a small pilot hole, then the big bolt hole.

If you don't have a sunroof, or the rails you get are less than 5 foot you won't have to modify the sunroof mounting like we had to here. So forethought before purchasing your rails will pay off.

When fitting for the final time use plenty of goo to seal any gaps so you can't get water seppage.

Doesn't she look good. This is how they should have left the factory.
    Many thanks go to Tony of 4X4 Toys in Basingstoke, as I was too great a coward to try this on my own. The end result is excellent.
    Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

A job well done. Who was the Youth Offender helping you
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
      A job well done. Who was the Youth Offender helping you
      The one holding the camera, or the one actually doing the work?
      Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Maverick (or Tony), in what way did you have to "modify" the sunroof mounting? also if you can remember, did it look like it was ok to get another fixing further down at the other end of the sunroof (towards the bonnet). i was going to fix alloy blocks insted of rails like Andy did on Apache but wasnt sure if there was a decent fixing point right at the front of the roof. id rather not take all the lining down etc etc just to find out i cant. so was hoping you could remember what it looked like up that end?
        cheers.
        Jay.

Comment

Originally posted by goodcat View Post
          Maverick (or Tony), in what way did you have to "modify" the sunroof mounting? also if you can remember, did it look like it was ok to get another fixing further down at the other end of the sunroof (towards the bonnet). i was going to fix alloy blocks insted of rails like Andy did on Apache but wasnt sure if there was a decent fixing point right at the front of the roof. id rather not take all the lining down etc etc just to find out i cant. so was hoping you could remember what it looked like up that end?
          cheers.
          Jay.
          Sorry I can't remember. I think he had to trim them back abit. I do remember him grinding and sanding them!
          Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

haha nevermind now mate. ive found a solution! see my thread in the General section.

Comment

Working...
            X