MSN:

Home Surf FAQ

Go Back   Hilux Surf Forum > HILUX SURF FORUMS - TECHNICAL > 2.4 & 2.8

Old 21st April 2008, 21:56   #1
jarhead

Default Code 12 Timer control valve

hope someone can help me plzzzzzzz
i have a 2.4 k reg surf LN130
i am geting Code 12 Timer control valve and the pump has been tested and new seals put in costing me 300 pounds so fare at the garage and thay still have not fixed it thay now say i need a new pump as you can not just buy the Timer control valve can anyonne tell me if you can buy a valve and where to get one and is it hard to do as the garage is bringing my surf back to me and i think it will have to wait till i can get some more cash to fix it
hope some one can help
thanks
nick aka jarhead
jarhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2008, 22:22   #2
Tiger

Vehicle: K reg 2.4 surf, Pan European, VFR 750,VFR Vtec, Ford Ranger,Vauxhall Movano,Nissan Pathfinder, Skint

i think you can get the timer control valve but it's expensive ive been told around 300, not sure how correct that is. you could pick up a cheap pump from here in the parts for sale and it will take you a day to fit it
Old 22nd April 2008, 12:50   #3
coolsv650

Vehicle: 1994 3.0 SSR-X Burgandy (Mine again), 1995 Mitsubushi Pajero 2.8 (hers)

You can buy the timer control valve, but it is a arm and a leg, I also think the pump will need recalibration after it has been fit.

If they have messed about with the pump the timing could be out, that will also give a code 12 fault
Old 22nd April 2008, 14:04   #4
dee

Vehicle: Mile muncher

TCV is certainly available for the 3.0 and comes in at a few pennies over 190, ask me how I know?

expect they are different but I have a good 2nd hand one for the 3.0 which is on the bay just now

You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may post attachments
You may edit your posts
HTML code is Off
vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On