Green laning around Berkshire in May?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green laning around Berkshire in May?

Anyone interested? Was having a look at doing a trip around the West Berkshire area towards the end of may (2nd bank holiday weekend) Going to have a look through some routes and check status with local authority, as there are some restrcitions on sections of the Ridgeway. Will post more details nearer the time, but at the mo just want to get an idea as to who would be interested in going?
    Hold my beer and watch this

Jason,
    Can you give me a clue as to roughly where you are thinking of going as could be up for this

Comment

Originally posted by captain_chaos View Post
      Anyone interested? Was having a look at doing a trip around the West Berkshire area towards the end of may (2nd bank holiday weekend) Going to have a look through some routes and check status with local authority, as there are some restrcitions on sections of the Ridgeway. Will post more details nearer the time, but at the mo just want to get an idea as to who would be interested in going?
      which day sat or sun, won,t get my surf scratched if i can make it will i i would need to swop a day off .
      i x toyoyta surf 1 x toyota supra mk3 turbo auto

Comment

Originally posted by Growler View Post
        Jason,
        Can you give me a clue as to roughly where you are thinking of going as could be up for this
        Starting at Chilton just south of Didcot, a 70 mile trek around the Ridgeway, ending up at Lambourn north west of Newbury.

Originally posted by mkiiisupraowner View Post
        which day sat or sun, won,t get my surf scratched if i can make it will i i would need to swop a day off .
        Not sure of a day exactly, It's a bank holiday weekend so got a choice of Saturday, sunday or Monday. What ever is best for everyone else really. Don't be such a jessy about getting your truck scratched lol

Comment

Ok I'm in can we do the Sunday if possible though

Comment

Ok I'm in can we do the Sunday if possible though
            yeah ok, sunday sounds good to me. I'm going to try and get in touch with Berkshire council, just to check the routes are all ok to use and the status of the Ridgeway in May.

Comment

Don't be such a jessy about getting your truck scratched lol

but its black and shiney and the wifes

will normal tyres be ok as i havn,t got off road tyres and this will be new to me, hence the silly question?????

Comment

will normal tyres be ok as i havn,t got off road tyres and this will be new to me, hence the silly question?????
                All the more reason to get her to drive it on the day you can't get the blame then if it does get scratched.

As to the tyre question i'll be running a set of A/T's but will bring a strap just in case. I haven't done this route before so will let Jason update you a status of route

As your in Redditch how's about we travel down together ?

Comment

All the more reason to get her to drive it on the day you can't get the blame then if it does get scratched.

As to the tyre question i'll be running a set of A/T's but will bring a strap just in case. I haven't done this route before so will let Jason update you a status of route

I've only got AT tyres myself, I haven't done the route either lol
                  The route is taken from the April 08 Total Off Road magazine and they say it'll be ok for soft-roaders.

Comment

got to try and swap my day off , to far away from may at the moment, there shouldn,t be a problem though, yes we can meet up and go together, in the mean time i am still trying to swap/sell my supra and get a hilux pick up for off roading with, theres some nice ones on flea bay but prices are silly..
                    have to dig my cb,s out see if they still work

Comment

ok I have a route marked out and have sent a copy to Berkshire council. Hopefully they will confirm that there are no restrictions and that everything is ok. Will try and get a few reccy trips in before hand, as I've not done these routes myself. Will also post up a map of the route should anyone want a copy.

Comment

not going to be able to make this one this time, we have been waiting for the wife to get an appointment for an op on her knee, guess what its on the 18th may, so i will have to use my two days off ferrying her around as she won,t be able to walk for a day or two.

Comment

hi

Hi all, count me in just got back from sun and sand would love some mud and rain.

Comment

ok I have a route marked out and have sent a copy to Berkshire council. Hopefully they will confirm that there are no restrictions and that everything is ok. Will try and get a few reccy trips in before hand, as I've not done these routes myself. Will also post up a map of the route should anyone want a copy.
                            HI Jason, any update on this and are we still going ahead ?

Comment

Ignore me !

We're away .......

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Working...
                              X