Silicon oil for Viscous fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silicon oil for Viscous fan

Does anyone know where I can get the silicon oil for the viscous fan, on line. I live in Brussels and am unable to get it out here, no one seems to know what I am talking about. The only other person I know with a Surf out here has an electric fan conversion, I do not want to go down that road if possible.

I had a 2000km trip round france over the passed two weeks and heated up twice. I know my electric fan is not working correctly (job for this weekend) but I would like to get the viscous fan sorted out as soon as possible. Any help would be much appreceiated.

Brussels John

No sure about online but any Toyota dealer should be able to supply it.
    Mike G

Comment

I bought mine from a RC model shop.
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Cheers

Thanks very much lads, the problem I have in Belgium is that the Toyota Garage's round Brussels have not got a clue what this oil is. They don't have parts for anything prior to 2004. Non of the local garages have been able to help either.

Cheers
        John

Comment

i got the oil from an online rc model shop - cheaper than toyota
          as they use silicone fluid in the LSD diffs on the model cars
          i got 5000cst weight oil i think it was, but check on search on here to be sure
          i used around 50ml
          Landcruiser Colorado
          Sub. Forester

Comment

Silicone oil is used in Radio Controlled car's shock absorbers. You can get many viscosities. I used 7,000, I think standard is 3,000. Do a search, there's a good thread about it on here. HERE it is.

Please reply to it too...
            Last edited by Albannach; 28 July 2009, 21:19. Reason: Too many zeros in my numbers (I think!)
            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

I got mine from these lot, delivered in 2 days in UK. Viscous fan has been fine since and roars when floored.

Comment

Thanks

Hi All,

Thanks very much for the links. Have ordered some oil and will complete the job as soon as it arrives.

John

Comment

Working...
                X