V8 conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V8 conversion

A big thank you to bushwhacker for helping my collect the lexus today it was very much appreciated.

You made good time home.Sorry i couldn't get to meet you.Your sat nav sent you the opposite way out of St Agnes then what i thought it was gonna take you.Glad you both got down and home ok anyway
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I got home about 6:30, blummin xmas shoppers/traffic!
      Nice to meet you Ross, the car feels more powerful than I remember mine was, so easy to light the rears up! ahem. Still got quite a bit of fuel left, so I think it would have done the whole journey on £25. I don't think a diesel Surf would have done that.

Sorry we didn't catch you Rich, as we were getting closer to Bodmin I thought, this ain't right!!
      Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 24 October 2009, 20:57.

Comment

blimey i got home about the same time so it must have been busy once off the m5!! can you take a couple of pics when you get 5 for an ebay add for spares. i will bring my camera next time and take some pics of the conversion in progress to post up here!!

Comment

Yeah, no worries. It's supposed to a nice day here tomorrow too.
          Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 26 October 2009, 17:08.

Comment

so hiroler your taking the big dive into the conversion too! great! is OK pulling the lexus apart its nerve racking taking the surf apart!

was it the celcior you got thats the jap import of the LS i think. they arent a bad drive actually!

if you need wiring diagrams for the lexus and all the breaking manual let us know as i have loads of the stuff or can direct you to the sites and people you gave this information to me
            Last edited by dannyboy77; 25 October 2009, 19:03.
            http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

Comment

I`m not going to be doing the conversion myself Bushwhacker is going to be doing it!! there is no way i would have the know how to do something like this myself!

Yeah it was the jap import i got and it seems ok to be honest shame to be ripping it appart it was a nice car. I only had a little drive of it before heading back but i was supprised by the power the engine had so looking forward to getting it in the surf.

How is your conversion comming allong
              Last edited by hiroler; 25 October 2009, 19:32.

Comment

its going OK just measuring up for the mounts this is the pain in the ass bit i think! well it has been the most fustrating bit so far as got to move the engine etc about so it aligns right and is level etc but when over come one issue another is in the way! and will only having 1 or 2 nights a week on it is dragging but when the engine is fixed in just got wire it back up!?! i would like to say pay and play in bala 1st sunday in december but before christmas is looking more realistic! not saying which one!
                http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

Comment

all in all it has not taken you to long then if you are only doing the odd evening here and there!

Comment

Hey Ross,

Photos here (hopefully)
                    http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a41...ota%20Celsior/

I'll give the wheels a coat of silver and post pics later, as they seem to have been sand blasted ready for painting, should get more for them then..
                    The LCD heater read out is knackered in case anyone asks if you have it for sale.
                    I don't think the dash clocks will be worth much as they're in KMs.

Later...........

Comment

When doing a Lexus V8 conversion, what gearbox is used? The Toyota box or the Lex?
                      Just supposing i wanted to go down that route, like many have, would i be able to retain my manual box from the 4Runner?

Comment

That link is password protected!!

i have just put an ad on ebay to see what i can get. got a pic from the other sellers advert.

i forgot about the clocks being in Km thats a shame, they seem to be the thing everyone is after!

Comment

Originally posted by hiroler View Post
                          That link is password protected!!

i have just put an ad on ebay to see what i can get. got a pic from the other sellers advert.

i forgot about the clocks being in Km thats a shame, they seem to be the thing everyone is after!
                          u can put a free add on my forum if u like?
                          http://customrides.forumup.us
                          ps u wont regret letting vince do it

Comment

Oops, I faffed it up!

Here you go....

All bodywork is immaculate, no dents or scratches.
                            Paint code is: 051 (Diamond white pearl)
                            Interior trim code is : FH85

Comment

cheers vince thanks for doing that!

Monster - it we be useing the Lexus auto box

Comment

Working...
                              X