steering idler bushes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steering idler bushes

had an advisory on MOT that steering idler has small amount of freeplay.
    anybody changed bushes if fitted and were there any problems. suppose milners is best for spares. a photo of the offending part appreciated
    Thanks in advance

Bushes are a doddle mate.

pics to follow.
    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Locate this item on your truck, on the chassis at passenger side above and in front of wheel.

Take of the grease cap on top, don't bend it.
      Undo nut and take apart.

then use pliers to take out old bushes, plastic so don't worry about wrecking then just don't damage the bush seat.

Out they come, looking a bit worn.

Get yer new bushes (Roughtrax do them)

Replace bushes and get plenty of grease in with them, grease up idler shaft.

Bolt assembly back on ( very tightly) job done.

Save £190 the toyota wanted to charge me for doing this.......as if !
      Alan

Comment

thanks a lot for the super fast reply. couldn't have had a better replyeither . as i have access to a vehicle lift and workshop this job should be a doddle.
        tks again

Comment

No problem lads, glad to help.
          I usually take pics doing jobs on the truck.
          i should probably put a few threads together.
          Alan

Comment

Be sure to order the correct bushes, there are two types depending on the year/month of manufacture of the truck.
            Maybe have your VIN/Chassis number to hand and phone your order.

Or just order both sets, they're only a couple of quid.

Comment

Good write up n pics Alan...
              I did my first Truck the same as, n next time replaced with one purchased from from Roughtrax.
              Replaced bushes in the old un, drilled n tapped the old en to take a grease nipple ... Hey presto always gotta spare !!

There's always a Payback ..Cos ya don't know where n ya never know when !!
              Buncefield Burner

Comment

cheers Jess, I just had the pics knocking around, I remember taking the pics with Brian "this will make a decent thread one day"

LOL
                Alan

Comment

No way! How much are the bushes? I just bought a new idler from Milner and didn't realise i could change the bushes in my old one, I would now like to buy some bushes to repair old one and keep as a spare

Comment

£1.50 I think.
                    Alan

Comment

Ah well the new one is looking good with shiney black paint (for now) lol
                      £1.50 ha ha ha I'm kicking myself

Comment

Worth asking about stuff on here mate if something fecks up on the truck, plenty of good advice here.

I have saved loads with the advice I have had from here.
                        Alan

Comment

I'll be asking on here in future, but it does look good with its black paint and gold cap lol

Comment

Wont last, wait till the salt see's it!
                            Alan

Comment

Yeah, after a run in the Galaxy earlier i ran a finger through the salt on the windscreen, It would of been enough for a fish supper lol

Comment

Working...
                              X