Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lexurf IV.

Meet patient and donor..

The heart is out awaiting a good scrub and a fettle..

stay tuned...........

Ooohhh...the lucky so and so who's getting that. I'd love one of those.
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

I think someone is gonna be wearing an incontinance pad for a little while now...
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Vince, do you just scrap the rest of the lexus?
        If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
          Vince, do you just scrap the rest of the lexus?
          This time, yes.
          Do you need anything? the shell is going tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
            This time, yes.
            Do you need anything? the shell is going tomorrow.
            No no, just seems a bit of a waste but i suppose its only the engine your after.
            If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
              No no, just seems a bit of a waste but i suppose its only the engine your after.

It is, but this one is rusty and mingin' underneath, the interior is the only clean part of it!

Comment

With regards to the exhaust vince, if there's enough cash spare ...yes please!!
                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                  With regards to the exhaust vince, if there's enough cash spare ...yes please!!

Yes, there's enough for that, but you will need a drive (fan) belt and a new set of leads.
                  OEM leads are around 80 quid, after market big, sexy, the same as Hiroler's, blue ones are about 150!
                  Drive belts are around 20 I think.

If you want to have a search yourself, the engine is a 1990 1UZ-FE, model: UCF10.

Comment

Bushwacker, do you know if the LSx GM V8's will mate up? Without researching this, I assume the Lexus lump will mate up to the gearbox, but would a GM motor? Having had a 5.7 LS1 in my monaro, the idea of 400 horses through 33x12.50's somewhat appeals.......
                    "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                    www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Drive belt?
                      Is this the biggun that's on the front driving everything?
                      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                        Drive belt?
                        Is this the biggun that's on the front driving everything?

Yup, drives the alternator, P/S pump, water pump, A/C.

Inspected the timing belt and it looks like it's been change recently, would explain why there's a few things not put back properly on the front of the engine.

Comment

Rightio. Will get onto all that when I get some wifi...and I'm not in a field in Essex.
                          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
                            Bushwacker, do you know if the LSx GM V8's will mate up? Without researching this, I assume the Lexus lump will mate up to the gearbox, but would a GM motor? Having had a 5.7 LS1 in my monaro, the idea of 400 horses through 33x12.50's somewhat appeals.......

I have no idea about GM/Toyota compatability, but there's a few 5.0 Holden V8 conversions on the Australian site.

I use the Lexus auto transmission, remove the end cover, modify the output shaft and bolt on the Surf's transfer case. The Lexus V8 is around 240bhp with the same ft/lbs and can light up 33" muds no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                              OEM leads are around 80 quid, after market big, sexy, the same as Hiroler's, blue ones are about 150!
                              What leads did Hiroler get?
                              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Working...
                              X