Battery problems solved (I hope).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery problems solved (I hope).

Just lately Ive had battery problems. Had them re checked and one had died. Decided to go for the most powerful replacements I could get. got a tip from Rusthinio (Cheers Rusty) on using 4Runner battery x2. However, found a better option in the Varta catalogue....G7 (249) and G8 (250) They are left and right handed and they measure 225x175x302 and slip in a treat, No need to modify anything. Even the straps fit perfectly. In fact the job whent so smoothly that several neighbours came out to comment on the "lack of swearing".They are 95ah and 830cca enough to spin it over like a good un, even in the depths of winter, and on bio......Some pics....Cheers....Mick.
    Attached Files
    " Time wounds all heels ".

you forgot the most important bit, HOW MUCH!!!

I just bought the toyota ones, cost about £170 but sick to death of other brands failing as soon as the temp drops, hoping for a trouble free start all winter long. H

Comment

Originally posted by Hazzo View Post
      you forgot the most important bit, HOW MUCH!!!

I just bought the toyota ones, cost about £170 but sick to death of other brands failing as soon as the temp drops, hoping for a trouble free start all winter long. H
      Hi Hazzo. They were £100 each on all the websites that I looked on, but I managed to get them from a local motor factors for £184 for the pair.; And you cant go far wrong with Vartas 4 year guarrantee. Not too bad, eh?....Cheers....Mick.
      Last edited by MWS; 2 September 2010, 08:13.

Comment

Twin battery 2nd gen.

Originally posted by MWS View Post
        Just lately Ive had battery problems. Had them re checked and one had died. Decided to go for the most powerful replacements I could get. got a tip from Rusthinio (Cheers Rusty) on using 4Runner battery x2. However, found a better option in the Varta catalogue....G7 (249) and G8 (250) They are left and right handed and they measure 225x175x302 and slip in a treat, No need to modify anything. Even the straps fit perfectly. In fact the job whent so smoothly that several neighbours came out to comment on the "lack of swearing".They are 95ah and 830cca enough to spin it over like a good un, even in the depths of winter, and on bio......Some pics....Cheers....Mick.
        Bob, did this re-post work?....Cheers....Mick.

Comment

Didn't know you could get L/H & R/H batteries. Good tips here for future reference.

Comment

Good price mate, I gave £100 for the one I got.
            If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

We are using similair varta batteries on the limos. Round about 830 cca. One is for normal engine/lights. The other one ( or two in some cases), are running inverters, BIG air con etc. They were going through lesser batteries at an astounding rate, especially since the retro fitting of electric retarders ( think telma, but cheaper and much nastier). So far so good with them. Along with a big gaurantee...every ones a winner!
              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Well, my new Bosch is that good it starts the truck before you turn the key, how good is that.

Comment

I just got two Alpha batteries, 068 and 068, are left and right handed, 600CCA and 68AH, were £110. Alpha-products-man on ebay normally does the pair at £122.99
                  Strange thing is with only the passenger side (the one connected to the starter motor) connected there's no power to operate anything, let alone the starter motor. It's as if the driver's side operates all the electrics and the passenger side just the starter motor, but there's a 25sq.mm cable connecting them together.
                  Weeeeeirddddddd.

Comment

Si...that meths under the sink is for the greyhounds feet...not your cornflakes
                    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

I'm not as posh as you, I've only got the one battery.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                        Si...that meths under the sink is for the greyhounds feet...not your cornflakes
                        Wondered why my breakfast tasted a bit funny.

Comment

Thanks for posting the part numbers Mick - just bought a pair for my truck.

Rob.

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
                            Thanks for posting the part numbers Mick - just bought a pair for my truck.

Rob.
                            No prob's Rob. They've been faultless since they were put on. .

Comment

I fitted the same one a few months back and they've been great even though i do mostly short trips, cheer's,
                              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
                              X