lexus ls400 FSM wiring diagrams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lexus ls400 FSM wiring diagrams

hi all right little experiement have uploaded the lexus FSM to an FTP site and the link to down load it is below! its 100.7MB rar file and it is the whole shooting match! all wiring diagrams for 1990-1994 & 1995+ lexus and has all diagnostic stuff in trouble shooting and step by step guides to fit remove all itemso fo the engine. if it doesnt work give us a shout!

oh because its free the FTP site it will be delated in 60days from today so its somthing around the 24th march??

http://www.fileserve.com/file/yZuAPPt
    http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

Cool will fire the ol' toaster up and have a go at d'loading..

Comment

thanks dan those that you emailed me have been lost in my old computer with the 1000 viruses, speak to you soon
      JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

i did try it last night and it seems to work OK you might get one or two pop up adverts but just close them! but let me know if doesnt work.

Originally posted by lord lucan View Post
        thanks dan those that you emailed me have been lost in my old computer with the 1000 viruses, speak to you soon
        yeah not pa problem what i have done is added the PDF's i did of the wiring digrams which are shown in other threads to the file becuase the main wiring loom is over 9 pages so unless you print them out you will get a bit lost but everything will come clear once you have downloaded it and gone through it.

Comment

oarsome that Danny!!

looks a little overwhelming initially, how much of the internal loom do you use if your not using the clocks.?

In the FSM and on most pics ive seen, the ECU had/has a connection starpped on either side of the ECU (as well as main plug). Mine didnt have those..what they for?

Comment

Originally posted by an1mal_69 View Post
            oarsome that Danny!!

looks a little overwhelming initially, how much of the internal loom do you use if your not using the clocks.?

In the FSM and on most pics ive seen, the ECU had/has a connection starpped on either side of the ECU (as well as main plug). Mine didnt have those..what they for?
            the looms i used were the ones in the picture well after i had stripped them down to get only what i needed i ended up throwing most of them away. you can use all new wiring but i kept the orginal as if i need to go back to it then i can use the diagrams again.

do you mean the two green relays either side of the ECU? they are igination and starter relay if recall, vince can correct me if not. you do need them! if they arent on the ECU they wil be somewhere else, you have them otherwise you couldnt start the car hehe!

[/IMG]

combination loom
            [/IMG]

getting it out of the car![/IMG]

Comment

All you need to get the engine running in any vehicle is the loom that plugs into the ECU, plus a starter and fuel pump circuit/relay.

Diagram I've used before, works with any 1UZ if you have the relevant ECU diagram for it......

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I don't use the fuel pump part in that diagram any more, I use a 5-pin relay wired through the alternator so that the fuel pump shuts off in the event of a crash or engine stall.

Comment

now you are getting like the aussies hehe! only messing! yeah the guy who helped me from aus gave me a diagram like that and the FSM as well just as a background read. i still have all the tails for oil pressure, etc so i guess its how much or the orginal wiring and warning lights you want working!?

Comment

yea.. t'is the green ones.

I've pulled the engine loom through the bulkhead, there was 2 other plugs beside the (x4) ECU plugs that plugged into a plastic rail..ill trace those see if i can find the relays.

I idint think it would take much to get it to run..I guess its like Dan says and how much of the stock systems you want to use. If i go for an aftermarket dash should make life a bit easier still

Comment

good so you know whats what know?? yeah the FSM is really for knowing what is there and how it is wired up, you then can do what you want, with having a not a clue about car electrics before i started the FSM was invaluble! and could have done it with out it! what i have learnt about car electrics is earth it and earth it again! you can never have too many earths! oh yeah forgot to say make sure everything goes to earth!

oh the FSM does give you a full list of fault codes for the engine and gear box ODB1 and troubleshooting flow charts so useful for that as well
                    Last edited by dannyboy77; 21 January 2011, 12:26.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy77 View Post
                      good so you know whats what know?? yeah the FSM is really for knowing what is there and how it is wired up, you then can do what you want, with having a not a clue about car electrics before i started the FSM was invaluble! and could have done it with out it! what i have learnt about car electrics is earth it and earth it again! you can never have too many earths! oh yeah forgot to say make sure everything goes to earth!

oh the FSM does give you a full list of fault codes for the engine and gear box ODB1 and troubleshooting flow charts so useful for that as well
                      lol..no chance, its not done until I'm pulling G's in it

I'm sure Vince will admit, even on No.5 he must have learned something new.?

As for the earths, yea im familiar with that one, I once put a hybrid engine (ZVH, zetec bottom end with CVH turbo top end) in my old S2 RSturbo. In the process converted it from Manual Fuel Injection to EFI and missed an earth..cost me 6wks trying to get it running. Electrics can be an absolute nightmare, wouldn't want to be an auto-electrician for toffee..well apart from all the money & the fact you can just plug stuff in to fault find now-a-days

Comment

heres another site just to give some background to wiring and fault finding

http://www.autoshop101.com/

Comment

very good work , but when you say this is wiring to get the engine running i woudnt want it in limp mode?

Comment

Originally posted by lord lucan View Post
                            very good work , but when you say this is wiring to get the engine running i woudnt want it in limp mode?

Make sure you copy the diagram correctly then.

Comment

ok will put me best bins on then

Comment

Working...
                              X