Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by biosurf View Post
    Grrr! Sod it, I give up.

Just for my peace of mind and because I've been wanting to have a look inside my tank since I started getting odd deposits in my filter ages ago I cut an access hole to my tank and had a look. It's actually not too bad and the strainer though dirty wasn't blocked, but gave it a clean through.

To see if the line from the tank to the fuel filter was OK I blew through from the engine end. It still felt like there was resistance so I squirted a bottle of Redex that I had handy from the engine end of the fuel line to the tank end. It went through OK so the fuel line seems fine.

Pulled a line off the fuel filter and got Faye to turn the engine over and got no fuel but did when I pushed the primer at the same time as being turned over on the key.
    Reconnected fuel line and tried turning over whilst pressing the primer and still no joy.

So, I think it's time to get someone out and in the absence of a Tony in every area it'll have to be a random mobile mech (I've found one on CheckaTrade though its not as if anyone gets bad reviews on there!)

If it is the Spill Control Valve is it just a case of replacing it? Can it be done in situ or is it a fuel pump out job?

In case it's of use to anyone, heres a couple of pics of the access hole I cut to remove the fuel pick up lines (complete with cardboard and duct tape spark-shieldy gubbins that did the job pretty well)
    P.S. What is the existing access plate near the one I cut for? Doesn't seem to be accessing much at all
    [IMG][/IMG]
    nice job, i need to clean the gauze filter in my fuel tank (see my thread), did you just use a hand grinder with a cutting disc to do this and if you were doing it again would you make the opening smaller as it looks a bit long but it must have saved so much time.

rab
    2nd Gen 3.0td, running on waste veg oil

Comment

Is it running again yet?

You could try a squirt of brake cleaner up the air intake whilst cranking it...it should at least fire for a few seconds....
      What have I told you about thinking Erroll

Comment

Working...
      X