No announcement yet.

Yet another problem and not impressed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it usually has guts but will occasionally pull up at lights and its like trying to ull away in third so drop to low and pull off . so think this is a lazy solonoid (is this a big job)

however last night wouldnt even pull up a curb in low but suspect it will be ok this morning and come back at some point

cheers
    Last edited by BAV1; 1 April 2011, 08:30.

Comment

Originally posted by BAV1 View Post
      it usually has guts but will occasionally pull up at lights and its like trying to ull away in third so drop to low and pull off . so think this is a lazy solonoid (is this a big job)

however last night wouldnt even pull up a curb in low but suspect it will be ok this morning and come back at some point

cheers
      but is it reving and slipping, or no power?
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

it does rev but doesnt move as if its slipping

Comment

Hello John. I'm still waiting for a photo of the luggage cover, and the broken and repaired end bit, if you're still selling it.....Cheers....Mick.
          " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Bav

don't know much about auto's but if the engine's revving OK and you just have a slipping box (similar to a worn clutch on a manual) then it's likely to be the fluid - when was it last changed, what colour is it (it should be a bright cherryade red/pink) & is it to the correct level?

check it with gearbox warm and engine running

hope this helps

hawaii
            I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

Originally posted by Hawaii View Post
              Bav

don't know much about auto's but if the engine's revving OK and you just have a slipping box (similar to a worn clutch on a manual) then it's likely to be the fluid - when was it last changed, what colour is it (it should be a bright cherryade red/pink) & is it to the correct level?

check it with gearbox warm and engine running

hope this helps

hawaii
              Hi mate levels were a little low (colour looks fine) on the ATF so topped up does seem to be getting a little hot think its time for an ATF cooler any one know where i can get one thats easy to fit been in wales all weekend and only did it once but that was after a run over the tops was fine all the way home, the long way

cheers
              Last edited by BAV1; 3 April 2011, 16:53.

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
                Hello John. I'm still waiting for a photo of the luggage cover, and the broken and repaired end bit, if you're still selling it.....Cheers....Mick.
                Hi mate sorry been mega busy and totally forgot

here are some pics

fully functional cant tell the difference only took it out as i have caged the rear up for my dog

you can hardly see it when shut and is AS strong as the original bit of hammerite and i doubt you will tell the difference

cheers mate

from left to right

top of repaired side / underside of repaired side / underside of undamaged side for comparison
                Attached Files
                Last edited by BAV1; 3 April 2011, 16:51.

Comment

Need to stay on top of maintenance on a 18 yr old motor.
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Yeah i know not long since had a service done should have check myself i know ooops fingers crossed thats fixed it

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
                      Hi Mick wish you had mentioned you wanted a luggage cover l have a couple here.

Regards Hilux-Bob
                      Live Life To The Full

Comment

Hi Bav,
                        my one had the same symptons as yours. Worked it back to the speedo converter behind the clocks. Changed it, haven't had a problem since.
                        www.grovegarage.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Hilux View Post
                          Hi Mick wish you had mentioned you wanted a luggage cover l have a couple here.

Regards Hilux-Bob
                          Hey Bob. How's it going? ...I never mentioned a luggage cover when I was at yours, because it was'nt on my shopping list......Only asked about it, when I saw it offered....All the best....Mick.

Comment

Originally posted by BAV1 View Post
                            Hi mate sorry been mega busy and totally forgot

here are some pics

fully functional cant tell the difference only took it out as i have caged the rear up for my dog

you can hardly see it when shut and is AS strong as the original bit of hammerite and i doubt you will tell the difference

cheers mate

from left to right

top of repaired side / underside of repaired side / underside of undamaged side for comparison
                            Thanks for the reply Jon. I'm not so sure about the repaired bracket. I might have to find someone selling a damaged cover with good brackets, so that I can swap them over and make a good one out of the two..... How much are you asking, now?....Cheers....Mick.
                            Last edited by MWS; 4 April 2011, 00:53.

Comment

Working...
                            X