1Kzte Fuel Pump Failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1Kzte Fuel Pump Failure

My surf has been having issues with fueling. I got around to looking at it today. I pulled my fuel pump out and found that the shaft on the pump had sheared. Has anyone seen this before?

Any ideas how this would happen, timing belt hadnt jumped so its a mystery.

Ok well i got the injector pump changed over, ive got a problem with diesel knock.

All the timing marks on the timing belt are lined up and i have set the pump up scribed line wise as in the picture with the timing case, is this right?

Only thing is that the pump was of a prado 1KZTE so my original pump was the EO1 and the one i have now installed is the EO2

The engine starts and idles fine with no noise but as soon as i give it any throttle i get a loud knock it also runs smokey on idle and throttle.

What should i look at 1st, could it be over fueled? can i screw the pump back on a 3.0td?

The injector are also newley rebuilt and tested with all new parts

Comment

Well here is a little update, after thinking about what could be causing the diesel knock i decided to have another look at the injector pipe arrangment.

It turned out the cylinders 1 & 2 where the wrong way round... hah they fitted perfect aswell the wrong way around... nevermind its running sweet now.

Comment

i know old thread, but, if you remember after that swap, did you noticed more power? how about fuel economy?
        im thinking that the resistors on the prado must be different for the type of vehicle it is (nearly 1 ton heavier) will need more power than the surf, now transferred to the lighter vehicle, will mean better performance before the swap of the pump on the surf.
        the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Have a look at this thread where guys are playing around with the resistors.

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/forum/v...hp?f=7&t=29886

Comment

Working...
          X