Lexus ECU mounting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lexus ECU mounting.

Found a way of fitting the ECU behind the kick panel........

Get rid of the plastic brackets that secure the two Surf multiplugs and tuck the wiring up out of the way. Then bash flat two small areas where the side metalwork meets the floor. You'll see where when you offer up the ECU into position.
    It's a very tight fit, but a better solution I think. I've got some stick-on foam strip that'll cushion the ECU against the bare metal to prevent any vibration.

Now there's no need to destroy the glovebox to hide the ECU.

excellent vince - thats a better way than chopping the glovebox.

fits in there really neat

why didn't you think of that before my glovebox became a pencil holder

Comment

Vince, your endeavour to constantly refine the Lexurf process is what makes you the best at this, A1 mate.
      Thank God my glovebox now stays as I was unsure as to were I was going to keep my dash cleaning kit hehehe

Comment

Originally posted by gary-r View Post
        excellent vince - thats a better way than chopping the glovebox.

fits in there really neat

why didn't you think of that before my glovebox became a pencil holder

Thats why I let you chop it up.

Comment

yeah my glove box is chopped up hehe! good place to hide the hide the ECU i bet its a tight fit i know how many wires are in that vacinity! where do the 2 big green relays go?
          http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy77 View Post
            yeah my glove box is chopped up hehe! good place to hide the hide the ECU i bet its a tight fit i know how many wires are in that vacinity! where do the 2 big green relays go?
            I don't use the green relays, I use three 30A relays and my own loom so only the plugs go into the ECU and the relays are grouped together behind the glovebox.

Comment

Fair do's..

You've done well to tuck it in there..I had a quick look at mine earlier 'tight fit' is about right..lol.

Comment

Working...
              X