Electricaly Adjusted Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electricaly Adjusted Seats

I drove up to Hamburg last December and then up to the Baltic coast and was thinking, would'nt it be nice to fit some real quality seats with all the adjustments at your fingertips? Two weeks ago i travelled up to north Wales accross country and after three hours driving i made the decision to swap the seats. I managed to get the two front seats from a Lexus Soarer, which have all the adjustments via electric motors and bearing in mind the ride height, the seats have to be fairly low profile to keep the head room of the original seats.
    Well the conversion worked a treat with the minimal of alteration to the runners.
    the front two are in line but had to be bent 90 deg and the rear required one hole to be re-drilled. 30 amp feed from my secondary fuse box that i fitted for my accessories and i now have a really comfortable fully adjustable set of seats!
    Attached Files

Good job.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks Tony, i got them for £20 on ebay ! Quite a different ride now.

Comment

What a clean truck!
        Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

iv electric ajustable seats in my 3rd gen too...they came out of a lexus is200 or 220 black saude down the middle an leather down the sides
          previous owner fitted them.

Comment

Seats look spot on there Peter,proper job.

Comment

Nice job peter, ya posh git.
              If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Thanks guys, the seats have made the driving position so much better. Did a bit of a long journey Sunday, its like a different vehicle!

Comment

Nice

I've been trawling the site looking for alternative replacement seats for a 3rd gen. Good to know that the Soarer and 200 Lexi can be fitted.

Have found some GS 300 ones on eBay, but not sure if they would fit as well.

Has anybody found any easy replacement for the rear seating? Presume not, but wondered if any of the the LC's might work.
                  Take your words, put them on a plate, add a little bit of humble pie, and eat them!

Comment

lexus seats

I did have some GS 300 seats, but you will loose a few inches of headroom. Hence fitting the Soarer seats. I'm shure there are other options, its just ease of fitting realy!

Comment

Originally posted by Dara View Post
                      iv electric ajustable seats in my 3rd gen too...they came out of a lexus is200 or 220 black saude down the middle an leather down the sides
                      previous owner fitted them.
                      can you show us same pics of them?
                      the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

good job!
                        about the electric heated seats there is some wiring ready for it next to the up/down rear window switch, you will see them if you lift the centre console.
                        i got the switch from a 2.7 petrol, but i forgot to check where is the power is going to the seats. sure someone here will know
                        i think the yellow wires on the lexus seats is for the air-bags, i think bushwaker can answer you that one.
                        Last edited by budweiser; 20 February 2014, 14:25. Reason: spelling

Comment

not sure about that, due i didnt have time to go near mine to fit them. vince said in a post he's got the wiring diagram for lexus seats

Comment

I have just fitted Lexus is200 black electric leather and suede seats to my gen 3.
                            I bought a complete interior set from eBay for £80!,
                            I wired in the the front seats from a twin output 30 amp secondary fuse box I put under the bonnet.
                            The live wires were routed to two fused 30a relays I hid in the centre console and then had hooked up to two little illuminated switches for heating. The constant live went to the larger diameter white wire on the seats, the large black/white was earth and the blue/red was heating (Don't touch yellow wires they are for the airbags).
                            The door cards ,armrest and rears are being recovered at a local retrimmer using the fabric from the luxus cards and I rears to match (cost £280).
                            The front seat fitting was a case of drilling through all the rivets and spot welds on the original seats legs to remove them from the runners (6mm drill) and then bolting to the look lexus runners with one bolt on each, getting the aligned and then mig welding around the edges and through the 6mm holes. The inside rear mount does not line up that great and could not be bolted through, this one was just welded.
                            Hope this info helps guys, the seats are 100x better and we easily worth the total cost of 360.
                            Last edited by S14A-J; 11 December 2013, 00:21.

Comment

Picking up some is200 seats and cards tonight, rear bench looks like it has a load-through centre. I'm only after the fronts to be honest as the foam in mine is crumbling out at a prodigious rate.

Can you up some photos of how your runners have been fitted? Mine is also a 3rd Gen.

Cheers
                              Jim.
                              Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Working...
                              X