Rear wheel bike carrier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear wheel bike carrier

Found a really good bike carrier got spaces for three bikes but think one would have to be kids bike,but really strong really light and fits in seconds with no tools.
    Can post some pictures if anyone is interested

stephen

Originally posted by danjack View Post
    Can post some pictures if anyone is interested

stephen
    Hi Stephen welcome to the club, unusual first post, do you work for the manufacturer of said bike racks lol?

Wouldn't mind seeing some picture tho

Comment

I'd like to see pics (and more details) if the bike carrier is fitted over a rear mounted spare.

Comment

Spam, anyone?
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Is this the Z5 revolution bike carrier? I hear it adds power and increases fuel efficiency...

Comment

anticipation is killing me
            Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
            My choice
            Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi View Post
              anticipation is killing me
              It's been awhile....you dead yet...
              .... Which was nice.

Comment

Boolix, We have 4 bikes.

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by JD_975 View Post
                  Hi Stephen welcome to the club, unusual first post, do you work for the manufacturer of said bike racks lol?

Wouldn't mind seeing some picture tho
                  No don't work for the company
                  My sister uses this on her jeep in America and i thought it might work on mine
                  and it does.
                  Easy on and off and bikes are solid in transit.
                  its pouring rain right now but will take some pictures and load them up.
                  http://www.bikerackking.com/infotiremount.htm

stephen

Comment

Brian

Comment

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthrea...565#post744565
                      "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                      www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by danjack View Post
                        No don't work for the company
                        My sister uses this on her jeep in America and i thought it might work on mine
                        and it does.
                        Easy on and off and bikes are solid in transit.
                        its pouring rain right now but will take some pictures and load them up.
                        http://www.bikerackking.com/infotiremount.htm

stephen
                        Congratulations Stephen/Dan/Jack, you have the worst website in the world.

Comment

Awesome, I ordered 6, thanks for the heads up ...

Great website btw... easy to use

Comment

Well, I can recommend one (no tinned-"Meat" involvement)

Disclaimer: I DO NOT WORK FOR, OR HAVE OWT DO WI', 'EM!

It's from autowbars.co.uk

They too have an awful website - the product I got isn't even listed there. They do sell on ebay though - seach for item 150497703030.

It's basically 2 steel arms that either bolt through the unused holes in your spare wheel (with the provided bolts and washers) or can be used as bolts themselves over the existing studs (they fit the Surf's studs fine - reassuringly tight on now).

This is the option I went with. I also kept the wheel on there because it gives me something to lash the bike to.

As fiited to a LR (their image):

Obviously, you don't want your shiny bikes to be rubbed to bu99ery on the steel arms, so I also got some pipe lagging (28mm internal, 19mm wall) off ebay for a bargain and cut it to length. I kept it uncut for a U shape to reduce the risk of anything catching the bar ends.

I also picked meself up some Kwik Twists from JTF for 99p a pack and threaded these throigh the spare wheel, along with a U-lock, to keep the bike in place. (http://www.kwiktwist.com/FAQ.html) - any recommendations for other stronger decent ratchet-strap things welcome, I just had to pick the bike up quick and JTF hadn't got ratchet straps.

Amazingly, for one of my "Hardware" efforts, it all works and nothing fell off.

Yes, the plate is slightly obscured, officer. I shall rectify it ASAP... Angle of photo implies front wheel sticks out on the offside, it's actually in line with the carrier hinge, so no wider.

Best bit? £21 with £5.50 delivery.
                            Last edited by J i m s t e r; 7 March 2012, 16:08.
                            Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Working...
                            X