Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
    My work here is done.
    Get Yoshie to take a pic of my pic and it'll blend quite nicely...

Comment

• El Surfino?
      "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
      www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
        El Surfino?

Ummm.......................... ........no.

El Camino under the rear numberplate would be good.

El camino just means 'the way' or 'the path' in spanish.

Wonder what el camino is in Japanese?

Comment

• build thread

enjoyed reading through that
          workshop is looking good
          need to get over for a visit
          dont follow the rut`s......make yer own

Comment

• i bet the back will rise about an inch after all the steel gets chopped off! looks like i will be pulling you out of a few sticky situations in the lakes ha with less weight on the back! or you will have to fill it full of booze to weigh it down! give us a shout when you fancy that run out

you have probably doubled the value too as pickups are going for miles more than surfs! ha! less is more nowadays!

keep up the great work as always
            http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

Comment

• Brian, do you still have the original storage boxes covers and speakers from this available or have they hit the skip already ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Growler View Post
                Brian, do you still have the original storage boxes covers and speakers from this available or have they hit the skip already ?
                Everything is here until Friday. I will put the box covers and speakers aside for you pal.
                Brian

Comment

• Originally posted by rjd1 View Post
                  enjoyed reading through that
                  workshop is looking good
                  need to get over for a visit
                  Ditto that Robin

11+ Years of Surfs..... n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !!
                  Buncefield Burner

Comment

• Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                    Everything is here until Friday. I will put the box covers and speakers aside for you pal.
                    Cheers Brian, can you put the boxes with them as well please and let me know what you want for them ?

I still have bank details so can send cash over directly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Growler View Post
                      Cheers Brian, can you put the boxes with them as well please and let me know what you want for them ?

I still have bank details so can send cash over directly.
                      I don't want anything for them Andy, will need to check boxes are okay as its all in one pile now.
                      Brian

Comment

• Cheers Brian, Some damage to boxes will be ok as I can fiberglass therm externally if required.

I will at least need to cover postage costs so let me know what they are

Comment

• Andy got everything you need and it all looks undamaged.

Spent a couple of hours in the garage after my dinner this evening.

Stripped the rubber and surround and then marked up, took a deep breath and selected a saw, cut off the part I will reuse.

Easier to continue than to go back so.

That's the easy part now I need to make it a truck again. I may be some time
                          Brian

Comment

• I thought I'd add a few pics bro, your camera is tosh.

Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

• It was once a bit shiny, lol.
                              Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

• Thanks for the pictures Alan.

So today I got on with cutting the bed to a finished size.
                                I marked inside and out and cut one layer at a time

I kept a section of roof and the strengthening bars to use on the cab part of the build.

Alan came over to help me remove all the unwanted parts to the dump so we stuck the back section on for a look. It will need about 5 inch cutting out of it but it looks promising for a decent fit.

Back from the dump and after a few pictures Alan buggered off so I got the plasma cutter out and made some mittens

I then used them to cap the ends, I will get n shaped channel made up to run inside the cut tops of the bed. This will allow me to weld along the length giving a decent finish once dressed and making the bed ridged.

Brian

Comment

Working...
                                X