Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
    p.s. Whats the cast alloy section for?
    Vince I think we've all bought the 105 version which is designed for the petrol model. Sure Richard mentioned it somewhere. Mike said it would fit with some tweaks..

Rob

Comment

• Here it is..

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
      Right here is the email sent and another recieved regarding the snorkels.I will try to get the price down a little like the L200 ones

Mike, one of the lads on the Hilux surf forum has asked if you can source snorkels for the Hilux surf or 4runner ( im informed they are the same ) If so could you give me an idea of price and availability.

Many thanks

Greig

And this is the reply I got back

Hi Greig, I can get one for a 106 series Hilux which is equivalent to Safari SS105HF. It is for a 2.4 litre petrol 1989-1997 Hilux, but I believe it can be tweaked to fit a Surf.

Price is usually about £100

Comment

• I've not had mine yet, if they've missed out the vital part of the address like they did in the email I'll never get it.

Comment

• Mine arrived today - looks good!

Just need to get my truck back on the road now!

Dan
          https://galooph.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Dodge View Post
            I've not had mine yet, if they've missed out the vital part of the address like they did in the email I'll never get it.
            Dodge can you send me your full address again and i will check with Mike on what address he put down.Also there should be a tracking number you can see where it is.If you pm/email me the email sent to you with the delivery details etc i'll forward that onto mike aswell and see whats happened.He has kept 2 back incase anything like this happens but we will get to the bottom of it.I do appologise on Mikes behalf
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

• Originally posted by wishbone View Post
              Mine arrived today too,

Thanks Richard and please pass thanks on to Mike too.

Only thing missing is the rubber gasket between the snorkel and wing but I made one at work today so all is good.

I've fitted a proper safari one and these are a little rougher tbh, but such good value that it's nothing to be upset about.

Keep an eye on the templates as mine is about 6mm out on 2 of the holes.

Rob.
              I will pass on your thanks

There was no gasket with our ones either but it fits just nice.
              For those of you waiting to fit yours.
              Place the template onto the snorkel with the intake hole over the snorkel intake hole and then mark the template where the holes for the bolts should be.The L200 ones were the same and the holes in the template re-done again.Apart from the bolt holes on the template it should be easy enough from there.
              I shitted myself when i first put the hole saw on the wing and started drilling but once the auger part started i just went for it

Comment

Balllsy's is here too, delivered via TNT.
                I have touched myself with the Safari snorkels, and the quality of this 'cheapie' version is as good!

p.s. Whats the cast alloy section for?
                Yippeee

Comment

• Pardon for my ignorance but I've never fitted a proper snorkel before, do you have to take the wing off completely to fit it or as it a job that can be done with the wing still on.
                  PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

• Any help?....
                    http://www.yotatech.com/f2/2001-4run...ctures-207506/

Comment

Very helpful thankyou...
                      Maybe youre not so bad after all lol

Comment

• Just found this aswell http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/snorkel.htm

Comment

• Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                          Dodge can you send me your full address again and i will check with Mike on what address he put down.Also there should be a tracking number you can see where it is.If you pm/email me the email sent to you with the delivery details etc i'll forward that onto mike aswell and see whats happened.He has kept 2 back incase anything like this happens but we will get to the bottom of it.I do appologise on Mikes behalf
                          Thanks Rich, it has turned up now, after we'd all left (work address) luckily my mate was just outside and saw the courier. I've not got it in my hands but it has arrived and the address on the box was complete not as in the email so all is well... so far.

Originally posted by animal View Post
                          Nice find, thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dodge View Post
                            Thanks Rich, it has turned up now, after we'd all left (work address) luckily my mate was just outside and saw the courier. I've not got it in my hands but it has arrived and the address on the box was complete not as in the email so all is well... so far.

Nice find, thanks.
                            Right on Roger and glad it arrived

Comment

• Got mine weds and sold it last night

Rich have you got a phone number or email addy for this guy. I want to have a chat.

Ta.
                              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

• Anyone know what the cast alloy bits are for? I guess the two round bit are for either side the inner wing, bit the other bit??? Is it for the petrol model?

I notice there are no moisture release holes in the air ram, it's the same shape as the Safari they must have just taken a mould without copying the detail.

Comment

Working...
                                X