Baby seats / iso-fix for Surfs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby seats / iso-fix for Surfs?

We have a base for a baby seat that is secured with the iso-fix attachment. The base will also be used when the baby grows out of his current seat and needs the next seat size up. The base can't be used in the Surf as there's no iso-fix in it. So, at the moment, when the baby is taken out in the Surf, his seat is strapped in with the seat-belts. Ideally, though, we'd use the base in the Surf as it's much safer. Is anyone aware of a conversion kit so that we can use the base in the Surf or possibly any other suggestion? Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by TeaMonsta View Post
    We have a base for a baby seat that is secured with the iso-fix attachment. The base will also be used when the baby grows out of his current seat and needs the next seat size up. The base can't be used in the Surf as there's no iso-fix in it. So, at the moment, when the baby is taken out in the Surf, his seat is strapped in with the seat-belts. Ideally, though, we'd use the base in the Surf as it's much safer. Is anyone aware of a conversion kit so that we can use the base in the Surf or possibly any other suggestion? Thanks in advance.
    You can get non isofix bases too that are secured in seat and left in. I have isofix and non isofix bases to use with car seat.ours are maxicosi
    Otherwise I have no idea if you can do anything with an isofix base...
    Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Comment

Thanks Peak. I was hoping to get another base for the seat which would be non-isofix (for the Surf) so that the one seat could go on both bases. Looks like if we want to use a base in the Surf, we'd have to buy a completely new seat/base unit. I'm sure you're aware of how "straightforward" it all is!

Comment

in all honesty i would just put up with it for now, i went through all the bases issues, and now that my little girl is a year old we both have front facing seats in our cars that stay in permanent. it's not worth the hassle.

plus the leave in bases are no safer than belting it in, it's still the belt securing it.
        well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

Working...
        X