Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power steering fittings

Hello V8 club

My power steering has had a leak for ages and apparently it's coming from the hose connecting the pump to the box.

As I know bugger all about this bit, can anyone tell me what type and size of fitting is on the LS400 PS pump and which is on the Surf steering box?

I'm hoping I can get something made up which will be neat and leak-free.

Thanks.

I can't help you bud. If I was you I'd take both pipes along to a hydraulic place and they should sort you out.
    Paul

Surfless, donations welcome.

Comment

I have the receipt from when I got mine made up, it should say on there what fittings I bought. Ill post it up tmrw.
      ALL THE GEAR!............no idea!

Comment

There you go, company only does car fittings so it was all spot on, I used the original lexus bolt at the pump along with the double washer, the rest was new on that list. The length was spot on too.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by zem_41 View Post
          There you go, company only does car fittings so it was all spot on, I used the original lexus bolt at the pump along with the double washer, the rest was new on that list. The length was spot on too.
          Cheers, that will be useful! Hopefully it will be straightforward for them to do. I just have to make sure it has enough clearance to the body.

Comment

A few photos of how my pipe sits.
            Attached Files

Comment

Another from the top
              Attached Files

Comment

The connection where I kept the lexus bolt and washer
                Attached Files

Comment

Cheers for the pictures, very useful.

I'll have to stick some up of mine when I finally get the thing sorted.

Comment

Well - I managed to get a break in the rain the other day to take pictures of the new hose.

The second picture shows just how close the pump fitting is to the box fitting.
                    Attached Files

Comment

That is pretty close! Looks like it's touching?

Comment

Originally posted by zem_41 View Post
                        That is pretty close! Looks like it's touching?
                        I can get a finger between the fittings but am pretty sure they will touch if the engine rocks aggressively (not sure why it would ever do that ).

The point at which they will touch does seem like it could take a fair bit of abuse. If it does cause a problem in future I'll need to get some new fittings that are lower profile and hope that gives enough clearance.

Comment

Working...
                        X