Heavy duty Surf under armour.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavy duty Surf under armour.

Hello everyone an hope you like what we have here. Now upon returning from a tour of Afgan i had a few extra quid an didnt want to waste it so i set up a small company called "reckless engineering". We set out to try and make bits an bobs to make the meanest but most discreat off road weapons going.
    So here is our first piece. We have four of these made but if more are needed the lead time is 20-30 days so dont dispare. They are made from 6mm thick aluminium sheet and are bent with a 10 ton press. They have been cut out using a high preasure jet of water so it is almost as if the metal was grown into that shape. They come with a brush polished lower side with a company decal and a coat of gloss paint to add a little touch of added piece of mind. The under side can be painted in any colour you wish but for certain colours may cost a touch more. We can also do the lace pattern if you desire. (we chose the lace effect as on the prerunner we are building it can be seen through the engine bay and looks like a naughty glimpse of underware)
    Each unit will cost £400 but we can be open to negotiation. Plus the price of shipping.
    We also if desired can make up mounting brackets an provide the neccacery fasteners for extra cost. That would make the item a simple plug an play job.
    Any questions or critasisms please let me know as I am new to this an input is welcome.
    Cheers, Jack.

looks to be great work - really like the lace effect,properly different!

any idea on pricing?
    RZN185 1" lift, 32s - KZN130 2" lift, 32s

Comment

reduce the size of the pics please!

i like it, but, ouch! ( not the flowery bit, im not going to go underneath the truck to see that design) with the price!

it would go with this pic!

any pics mounted on the truck?
      Attached Files
      the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Jack,
        It looks very neat but...what is it??
        Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by tashtego View Post
          Jack,
          It looks very neat but...what is it??
          Cheers
          Well it's either a surf board or Heavy duty Surf under armour.

I like it.Lots.
          I couldn't justify the cost for my truck, but for the hardcore or careless off roaders I think it's a steal.

If you need a truck to model it on for a photo shoot you could use mine.
          I have some very reasonable charges.

What about borrowing a LR mocking up some skid pans and diff guards for them , probably a bigger market than the Surfs.
          Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Why on earth is it so expensive? I'd love one but not for anywhere near that price unfortunately

Comment

Originally posted by chewee View Post
              Why on earth is it so expensive? I'd love one but not for anywhere near that price unfortunately
              Go and buy a 6mm alloy sheet 1m x 2m and you will find out.
              Last edited by yoshie; 6 July 2014, 09:05.
              Brian

Comment

Like yoshie said, the cost of alloy sheet in that size is not cheap. With the cost of high quality lazer cutting and then the cleaning the metal after the bending marks have been added it is costly. I will have one on my supra truck chassis soon and get a picture up. Cheers folks.

Comment

Would it benefit from vents in the front (for airflow)?

Comment

I assume this is 2nd gen... not 3rd Gen...?
                    More Lift.
                    More Tyres.
                    More Engine.

Comment

It is.

Hopefully this post will also take us to a new page, also

Comment

Woo Hoo!

Anywho...I'd be interested in one but worry about airflow without front holes.

Comment

300 will buy one now. On make me an offer. Open to swaps.

Comment

email me, thanks

Comment

Still.got it?

Comment

Working...
                              X