Tyre choices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyre choices

I'm thinking of getting some new A/T tyres for my surf.

I have 265/70/R16's on there at the moment, do I have any other size options?

Also I have a budget of about £100 a corner and was considering Bf Goodrich General grabbers?

Any thoughts people?

Or would it be worth finding the extra dollar and going for the Goodrich T/A KO A/T?

Last edited by Benross; 30 March 2014, 15:50.
    If I like it, Bushwhacker doesn't. :-)

I think you will find both makes come recommended here. Personally I would go for the BF Goodrich.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Sheep View Post
      I think you will find both makes come recommended here. Personally I would go for the BF Goodrich.
      I think it might have to be the Goodrich KO's, The reviews seem to be great for them.

Do You know if I could go wider without much issues? I haven't got a lift.

Comment

Grabbers

Not used BFG's myself but see my post here http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showpost....7&postcount=47 ref the Grabbers

Comment

Opted for the General Grabber AT2's.

Had them fitted today, heres some pics for anyone that's interested!

My truck looks baddas, although going from road tyres to A/T's I have noticed the difference as they have a slight hum and the steering feels a little less direct. I also fitted my clear indicators & side repeaters this morning.

But Baddass is more important

Before>>>

After>>>>

Comment

Lovely.

Now get some Vim (ask your Nan) on that lettering to bring it up nice and white.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
              Lovely.

Now get some Vim (ask your Nan) on that lettering to bring it up nice and white.
              Yeah, I was a little disappointed in the lettering, thought I might have to get the chalk pen out...

Comment

It's white underneath the blue coating, it just needs washing off.

Comment

I find an occasional light scrub with one of these foam sanding pads keeps them looking nice and white. On the BFGs the white rubber runs deep. its not a paint on job. I guess GGs and others are the same
                  Сви можемо

Comment

I am currently running some Cooper discoverer M&S, very good on the road, no noise from them. Excellent in the white stuff last year, even on packed snow pushing a car uphill.

Comment

I like the look of some of the 16" wheels out there, but am i right in thinking that tyres for the 15" wheels are much cheaper than those for the 16"?

Comment

Originally posted by Trunks View Post
                        I like the look of some of the 16" wheels out there, but am i right in thinking that tyres for the 15" wheels are much cheaper than those for the 16"?
                        I think there's a small difference, only maybe a tenner a tyre.

Comment

My friend has had the bf good ridge and is now on grabbers...he thinks the grabbers are better on the wet roads.

I went with the cooper discoverer at3 (31's) and love them, I picked these because the new label laws were showing it to be much better on fuel bf good ridge and grabber and also performed better in wet. I have had these on ice, wet roads, wet mud etc and they have been great, haven't been stuck anywhere and great on wet roads. The only downside is looking at pics of them they don't have that aggressive of road look but in the flesh they are much more impressive looking.

Comment

I'm running Maxxis 771 A/T, quite similar to the Bridgestone Duellers A/T on before, but 2/3rd of the price and i reckon a lot tougher.

Road Manners are excellent, good in wet, excellent on gravel, their only weakness is in the really sticky slippy clay like mud, where they are everage. Very puncture proof compared to the Duellers, with a very stiff treadblock. I like to "make progress" and have a lot of faith in them.

And they also have white writing on one side

Google some other pics and reviews - I'm very impressed.
                            RZN185 1" lift, 32s - KZN130 2" lift, 32s

Comment

Working...
                            X