yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi..... and buying advice..... Inspection issue (3.0L Diesel, 1993)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi..... and buying advice..... Inspection issue (3.0L Diesel, 1993)

Hi all,
    i love my 4x4s and normally drive [I best not say it here, but it had a green oval badge....].

I have just left the UK and looking to buy myself a Hilux. Ideally- like most people- i would have loved to have been able to walk into the Toyota dealership and buy a brand new Hilux TRD, but sadly i cannot afford it.

After searching for a number of weeks i have found a '93 Hilux Surf that has just been imported from Japan to here (NZ). It is being sold by a bigger importer/dealer.
    It has 122000km on the clock, so ~75k miles. It is priced for £5500.
    The dealer has AA reports done as standard on all the vehicles it sells.
    I received this today before going to see the vehicle on saturday. The overall report says it is in sound condition and above average condition for its age and mileage, so all good.

Unfortunately......
    The report says at the bottom Engine
    "Bottom area : Leaking oil, further investigation required"

Any ideas what this could be? Should i leave it and walk away?? Or is the deal good?

Another snag i have hit is that the VIN keeps getting rejected by online checking services with an 'invalid check digit'. Is this a concern?

Cheers for any help guys (and girls?)

http://daemon4x4.org/tech/hiluxsurf/info/faq.htm

From where at the bottom? Crank seals are a common cause, front crank is not too bad a job to do and can be done during the cambelt change, rear is a bugger as the engine needs splitting from the box.
    Last edited by BioHazard; 28 August 2014, 12:10.
    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Hi and welcome,

It seems expensive to me...do you know what sort of import duty they attract?

If the import duty is reasonable, why don't you go onto a website such as BeForward, choose a nice 3rd Gen, pay with your card and cut the middle man. Around 1000 USD for the shipping.

I am sure some of the kiwi members will come and enlighten us.

Cheers

Comment

Power steering pump seals and turbo oil pipe are 2 possible leaks low on the engine. Neither expensive to sort. Turbo pipe a bugger to get to.

Comment

Sounds daft expensive, does the showroom have big windows?

Cheaper ones seem available...

http://www.autotrader.co.nz/used-car...-hilux/1287363
          Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Working...
          X