No announcement yet.

2.4 surf problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it getting fuel ok? Fuel filter etc ok? Drawing in air? Air in fuel will give smoke

Comment

Originally posted by Momos View Post
      Here is where I am I put new glow plug fuse in it started no problem was still smoking a bit but seemed ok it had a slight hesitation when I reved it up then all of a sudden it started to shake and miss and knock really loud my mate just popped down and said it wasn't bottom end it was a diesel knock I got new injectors from peer parts full set for 40 quid he recons they are crap and not helping he says it's defiantly a fueling issue
      Momos, not sure if this helps you at all, but my 2.4 suffered similar symptoms, sounded like the big end, but as you suspect, it was diesel knock. In the end, mine was resolved by replacing a small sensor at the rear of the pump close to the block, held on with 2 allen bolts. Not sure what the sensors name is now, but it adjusts the advance/retard I believe. Banged in a spare one of them off an old pump, and mine was cured.

Might be worth a look?

Comment

You don't happen to know what it is called yeah defo worth a look really struggling with this thing now

Comment

Is it a cylender type sensor

Comment

Is it the rpm sensor pump speed sensor

Comment

I think fuel filter is ok it was drawing air in through manifold but sorted now checked everything all hoses and connections and timing got glow plugs working so starts now just engine shakes and rattles and smokes

Comment

Timer control valve

Found my original thread here;
                http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=79777

Comment

Only thing id say re tcv is when my failed it threw a red light

Comment

There is no lights on dash at all when it's running

Comment

Originally posted by Momos View Post
                      I think fuel filter is ok it was drawing air in through manifold but sorted now checked everything all hoses and connections and timing got glow plugs working so starts now just engine shakes and rattles and smokes
                      check the secondary heater system in the inlet manifold, chances are thats not connected properly either
                      www.overfab.uk

Comment

Where about on the inlet manifd is the secondary system

Comment

The secondary glow system runs on 6 volts the resistor for this resides under the inlet manifold. Also I had better mention that there is an ecu coolant temp sensor there aswell. If this does not work or it is not connected then the secondary system will not operate. Pull the plugs on the ecu,Pins THW and E2 on the ecu should be bridged out and the resistance checked to make sure this is operating correctly.
                          Last edited by surfenstein; 27 May 2015, 21:42.
                          www.overfab.uk

Comment

Ok I will give that a check thank you

Comment

I got sick of trying to get surf going so left it alone I am now back at it but still missing

Comment

Working...
                              X