Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I missing something?

Hello,

I have just been reading through a couple of topics on the forum when I stumbled across this picture supplied by TonyN in the topic http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=27167:

I have noticed under the intake manifold there are what appears to be two large vacuum pipe flanges without any hoses connected. On my KZN130 there are no hoses here and no flanges to push any hoses over. It's just flat with two recesses.
    Can anyone shed any light as to whether or not I should have two hoses from my manifold, and what they do exactly?

Also, on the VSV, Should there be anything connected to the other little brown hose nipple that you can see pointing downwards on the above photo?

thank you,
    -Tom
    Last edited by pos; 8 November 2014, 18:29.

They're for a water jacket.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
      They're for a water jacket.
      Thanks Albannach. I wonder if that wasn't fitted as standard on all models then? I have seen a couple of Surf's that have them and a few that don't.

Do you know whether or not the pipe nipple on the brown VSV should have anything connected?

Thanks,

-Tom

Comment

It's a long time since I saw a 2.4, so can't say for sure. Is the other side of the VSV the one that goes to the EGR? If it is, then someone's disconnected it intentionally - leave it disconnected. If it's not, there will be a Vacuum hose diagram on here somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by pos View Post
          Thanks Albannach. I wonder if that wasn't fitted as standard on all models then? I have seen a couple of Surf's that have them and a few that don't.
          Mine had it and was connected, I think it may have been something to do with the fabled 'Winter Pack'. Is your fuel filter heated (2 wires coming out of the top bit)?

Comment

It's a long time since I saw a 2.4, so can't say for sure. Is the other side of the VSV the one that goes to the EGR? If it is, then someone's disconnected it intentionally - leave it disconnected. If it's not, there will be a Vacuum hose diagram on here somewhere.
            It's a 3.0 1KZ-TE and yes I do believe that it is the EGR VSV. So it looks like someone has disconnected the vacuum to my EGR in the past then. I have no idea where the feed hose is for it. I was intending to block the EGR anyway but I might just leave it be if there is no vacuum feed to the EGR.

Comment

Mine had it and was connected, I think it may have been something to do with the fabled 'Winter Pack'. Is your fuel filter heated (2 wires coming out of the top bit)?
              That makes sense. No, I don't seem to have any of the winter pack fitments. No heated fuel filter housing.

Comment

Originally posted by pos View Post
                It's a 3.0 1KZ-TE and yes I do believe that it is the EGR VSV. So it looks like someone has disconnected the vacuum to my EGR in the past then. I have no idea where the feed hose is for it. I was intending to block the EGR anyway but I might just leave it be if there is no vacuum feed to the EGR.
                Aye, just leave it be...

It's a while since I looked at a 3.0 too; obviously

Comment

Aye, just leave it be...

It's a while since I looked at a 3.0 too; obviously
                  Thanks for your help. Well I've had a really good look over the engine this afternoon and to be perfectly honest, I don't really know how the vacuum system has been rigged! On closer inspection, the EGR VSV is actually broken and completely bypassed. There should be two nipples off the bottom of the VSV, one (which would usually be the vacuum supply) is snapped and the other one (which goes up to the EGR valve actuator) is simply not connected. Also, quite interestingly, the vacuum pipe to the EGR valve actuator seems to run off to somewhere else that is hidden behind the inlet manifold. That pipe however, has actually been blocked off with what appears to be super glue / resin, so someone has tried to stop it from actuating in the past (similar trick to the ball bearing trick it would seem). Either way, I think it is safe to say that my EGR valve is not currently working, or intended to work, so I will go about removing it and blanking it off.

Someone has also made a really good job of replacing the throttle body in the past. One of the corners where the throttle body bolts to the inlet manifold is missing (I presume dropped and cracked off) and simply botched up with epoxy resin. The inlet manifold appears to be in tact however, so I now need to source a new throttle body which is going to prove difficult unless a scrapper is prepared to take it off a complete 1kz-te engine.

Other than that, everything seems to be in good shape, but I'll be doing some vacuum line tracing once I source a throttle body and whip everything off!

Cheers,
                  -Tom

Comment

Working...
                  X